21 Sep Disability Insurance
If you become disabled and unable to work due to an accident or sickness, your ability to pay for expenses and save for retirement can be compromised. Disability insurance is designed to provide you financial security by compensating you with a tax-free portion of your monthly income. My goal is to tailor a plan that is affordable with guaranteed coverage and guaranteed premiums that meets your income needs.
When deciding if disability insurance is for you, consider other sources of income that are available to you. Are they truly viable options?
- your spouse/family income
- your savings, RRSPs, other investments
- selling your property and downsizing
- bank credit line and credit cards
Accidents and illnesses are facts of life. They could happen to anyone at any time. Did you know that:
- On average, 1 in 3 people will be disabled for 90 days or longer at least once before age 65.
- The average length of a disability that lasts over 90 days is 2.9 years.
Great West Life
If you’re self-employed or do not have disability insurance with your group benefit plan and protecting your only source of income is important, then disability insurance should be part of your financial plan.
To obtain more information or enquire about Disability Insurance, contact me at 604-730-7917.