06 Oct How do you choose?
When deciding to choose a professional to take care of your personal interests, ie: buying/selling a home, investments, insurance, renovating your house, etc. how do you decide?
Well here are a few tips to consider:
- If they have a website, make sure you read it.
- Ask them for names and contact numbers of previous clients for references on their work.
- Contact associations they belong to for any complaints that have been made against them, are they in good standings?
- Are they a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Talk to them on the phone before inviting them to your home.
- Check in with friends and/or family to see who they use.
- Ask them how they get paid, any professional should be able to disclose this information.
- Don’t make rash decisions, get quotes, think it over, schedule another meet to answer any questions that may need clarification.
- Ask about their credentials, how do they keep up with information in their industry, do they work with anyone else?
- Lastly, we all have it and sometimes ignore it, listen to your intuition.
Remember: The only agenda a professional should have is meeting YOUR NEEDS! They are there to share their knowledge, experience and expertise, but the ultimate decision is YOURS.