How do you choose?
Posted by admin on May 25, 2011 ·
When deciding to choose a professional to take care of your personal interests, ie: buying/selling a home, investments, insurance, renovating your house, etc. how do you decide?
Well here are a few tips to consider:
1. If they have a website, make sure you read it.
2. Ask them for names and contact numbers of previous clients for references on their work.
3. Contact associations they belong to for any complaints that have been made against them, are they in good standings?
4. Are they a member of the Better Business Bureau?
5. Talk to them on the phone before inviting them to your home.
6. Check in with friends and/or family to see who they use.
7. Ask them how they get paid, any professional should be able to disclose this information.
8. Don’t make rash decisions, get quotes, think it over, schedule another meet to answer any questions that may need clarification.
9. Ask about their credentials, how do they keep up with information in their industry, do they work with anyone else?
10. Lastly, we all have it and sometimes ignore it, listen to your intuition.
Remember the only agenda a professional should have is meeting YOUR NEEDS…They are there to share their knowledge, experience and expertise, but the ultimate decision is YOURS.